Effectively providing continuity of service to our partners and customers and the health and safety of our employees and external partners are our primary concerns as we continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and its potential impact on our business operations.
Our obligations to our contract holders are our key focus, and Venerable Insurance and Annuity Company (VIAC) continues to guarantee the contract value and the living benefit value for each of the annuity contracts we issued. In addition, we remain subject to the regulatory requirements of the State of Iowa and are well-capitalized.
At the onset of the pandemic, our Crisis Management Organization (CMO) introduced proactive measures to reduce exposure and minimize associated risks in accordance with our business continuity plan. We continue to take the following actions:
- Daily monitoring of COVID-19 status and recommendations from local, state, and Federal agencies;
- Regular meetings of the CMO;
- Detailed communications and guidelines to our employees and contractors on pandemic policies, safety, and preventative measures;
- Proactive reviews of our business continuity and disaster recovery plans;
- Confirmation of pandemic response actions being taken by critical vendors;
- Validation of technical capacity to allow for our workforce to work from home; and
- Educational content on the corporate intranet, allowing employees and contractors to easily educate themselves on a variety of topics related to the virus.
Being connected to our employees, our customers, our partners, and our communities is a core value at Venerable and remains important despite the impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are here for you and wish you health and safety as we all navigate this unprecedented time.
If you are a customer of VIAC, you may have questions about your contract; for general inquiries about your contract, please click here
. For advice on your individual financial situation, you are encouraged to contact your financial advisor.